Solved

Is there a way to see a heat map of an email campaign?

• 18 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi, 

I know that Klaviyo provides analytics for the links tracked in my email campaigns (Campaigns » Link Activity). However, I’d like to know if there’s a way to see the heat map of a specific email campaign. I might use the same link across different sections of my newsletter (header, image and CTA for example) and the link activity will only show me the total clicks. What if I want to know where people are clicking the most (header, main image, text, CTA, footer, etc.)? Are there any software/tools available that could help me with this? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by retention 18 January 2022, 19:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Meduardamay,

Thanks for sharing this with the Klaviyo community.

In order to differentiate between where users are clicking, you can add identifying URL parameters to your links in your email. For example, instead of having a button and an image both link to www.example.com, you could have:

www.example.com/?link=button

and

www.example.com/?link=image

Both of the links would still go to the same place, but they will be tracked separately in the Link Activity report.

In theory these could be placed anywhere in your email and that would be your de facto heat map. I hope that’s helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

Alternatively, you can use the UTM parameter utm_content which serve this purpose nicely,

Example:

www.example.com/?utm_content=button
and

www.exmaple.com/?utm_content=image

Doing this way, not only can you discern the clicks in Klaviyo’s analytics, you get the added benefit in most analytics solutions like Google Analytics and others can help you drill, filter, or group-by that parameter if you want to, for example, look at how images versus links performance compare across multiple campaigns or emails (assuming you use consistent values).

Badge +4

Hi,

Yes you can connect to https://www.emailheatmaps.com/ where you can create clear and amazing EmailHeatmaps from your email campaigns.

Also, I would also use a UTM content tag to seperate the links through the email if using the same link.