Solved

Is there a way to see total revenue from a list?

• 1 January 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi, I’m wondering if there’s a way for me to see the placed order value for a certain list for like the past month or 3 months, etc. Currently I only found Klaviyo article about the average 30 day order amount per order for each list, but not the total revenue. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 3 January 2022, 18:40

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This solution does not seem adequate. 
I need to see revenue by list, with the ability to apply time based filters. 
This feels fundamental. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you! Yes, this is exactly what I need!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @adamh,

Apologies to hear that this wasn’t adequate for you. This is a feature that has been requested by other customers so we're hoping we'll be able to offer it in the future. I'll be happy to submit product feedback on your behalf.

Unfortunately, the timeframe is hard-coded on this engagement report. I'll pass your insight to our Product Team.

Otherwise, you would need to look at individual campaigns to see revenue earned from sending to given lists/segments. 

Best,

Alex

Badge

I will second that having this feature with the ability to toggle by timeframe seems pretty fundamental to our needs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @themichaelwilly ,

Is something like an engagement report going to work for what you are looking for? Looking at individual lists that are part of a certain flow might be a solution then. Aside from that, you would have to look at the individual flows and campaigns that were sent to that list to see revenue from those sources.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I will second that having this feature with the ability to toggle by timeframe seems pretty fundamental to our needs.

Agreed, I need this too.

Badge

If you use Shopify, I found a way to do this outside of Klaviyo. In Shopify, go to Analytics → Reports → Sales by Customer Name. On this report, filter by the desired date range of orders. You can export this to give you a complete list of customers who ordered during this period of time, with their corresponding # of orders and revenue in that period of time.

I’m assuming you have an XLS or CSV of your original group of customers. You can export this from Klaviyo if your list is in Klaviyo. You’ll need their email address in the file. Take the original list of customers, and VLOOKUP the appropriate values in the exported file from Shopify. 

A bit of a clunky solution, but it worked very well for me.

Badge

One thing I’ll add to this thread for Klaviyo’s consideration - I wish there was more support in customer care and community Q&A on how to do things in Shopify when it pertains to Klaviyo. I think Klaviyo has excellent customer support (perhaps the best I’ve worked with), but I find this can sometimes be a gap. I’m guessing most Klaviyo customers use Shopify, and I find that solutions for more complex problems often overlap between the platforms.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Forest_Green,

Thanks for sharing this with us in the community.

One option is to analyze the revenue by source. By default, the source name in the chart will align with the name of the Klaviyo sign-up form. This will give you the revenue per sign-up form source.

Alternatively, if you navigate to Analytics > Metrics > Placed Order > Best People and then click "Export to CSV", then you will see a modal window where you can select your list for export from the dropdown.  This will generate a .csv file of everyone in that list with a column for revenue. However, the caveat in this situation is that it wouldn’t be in the last 3 months, it would display revenue over all time for these users. 

I hope that is helpful!

Badge +3

Why isn’t the most obvious answer stated in this thread.  You just export the list and select the metrics you want to be downloaded with the list.  Total revenue is in there among many other metrics.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Why isn’t the most obvious answer stated in this thread.  You just export the list and select the metrics you want to be downloaded with the list.  Total revenue is in there among many other metrics.  

There is no “Total Revenue” option on the metrics list when you export a list.

You can export the contacts lifetime value, but this skews the results a little because, if someone who has spent £100 is added to that list by means of newsletter subscription or something, suddenly the value of that list is £100. I think what we want is how much was made from people on this list who received X campaign too.

Badge +3

The question of this thread is “Is there a way to see total revenue from a list?”  That is what I was answering.  Downloading a list and selecting “Historic Customer Lifetime Value” will give you that answer.   

To also answer the secondary question within the original question about a timeframe you can make a custom multi metric report and choose placed order and select value and sum.  Then choose $source and choose the source of your list.  Then select last 30 days, or whatever you want.  

Here is an example  

Badge +1

Hello @adamh,

Apologies to hear that this wasn’t adequate for you. This is a feature that has been requested by other customers so we're hoping we'll be able to offer it in the future. I'll be happy to submit product feedback on your behalf.

Unfortunately, the timeframe is hard-coded on this engagement report. I'll pass your insight to our Product Team.

Otherwise, you would need to look at individual campaigns to see revenue earned from sending to given lists/segments. 

Best,

Alex

But what happens if it is not an individual campaign and it’s a flow?

For instance, we created a flow based that ran over Labor Day. We exported a segment comprised of multiple lists. We then imported that segment and had the flow start sending to that segment upon import. Various lists are combined in that import. I want to see which lists were responsible for conversions (a sign up form, vs. a facebook lead gen campaign etc.). What’s the easiest way for me to be able to understand which lists in the flow were responsible for our sales?