Solved

Klaviyo revenue %

• 24 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi everybody. 

I’m trying to see if anybody has some stats about what the average % of total revenue that is usually generated through email marketing for e-commerce businesses (specifically for fashion business). I was trying to find data but did not find anything meaningful. 

I have a client and after 3 months of working together we are at 32% of total revenue (over $50K in revenue), but he constantly keeps complaining and is frustrated that email marketing is not working. 

I am trying to find some stats to show him how his brand compares to the average for e-commerce businesses. 

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 24 August 2022, 23:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@MateG nice!  So, with client work, in my experience it's always good to set targets/expectations.  This way the client can see how things are progressing against a plan that was agreed upon both parties.  Otherwise, expectations can get out of control (and sometimes unrealistic).

Keep up the great work.  Share some tips in the Show and Tell section on here :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @MateG

I’d suggest checking out installing Benchmark Custom Reports to see how you’re performing compared to others in your similar field while also heading to our Blog that has resources like case studies and other news on similar industries trends and strategies.

-Taylor 

Badge +2

Manny Singh, they were at 16% at the best month they had previously. Regarding expectations, not sure, he never expressed it explicitly, but during the the best month we had with 24K email revenue, he mentioned 3 days before the end of the month he hopes for another 25K within 3 days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

What were they at before they started working with you? What’s their expectation?

I don’t have official industry numbers (depends on a few factors, ie. repeat customers, type of products, stage of business, etc..).  From what I’ve seen, 25-35% is a healthy number.  

This would be an interesting poll to put on the community