Measuring campaign analytics and CLV incrementality

• 6 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi 

I’ve been using Klaviyo for a couple months now and I was wondering how the rest of the community was measuring incrementality. 

It’s great to have 2 way to measure revenue (last click in Google via UTM and assisted conversion within 5 days via Klaviyo) but I’d love to understand how much of this revenue is actually incremental. 

Ultimately, that’s what we should judge our success on. 

Is there a way to set-up control group who don’t receive 1 or several campaigns and compare their CLV and purchase behaviours with other audiences? 

Anyone has done this with good results? 

Cheers

Leo 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Leo Pure Electric,

Thanks for posting to the Community and glad to hear you’ve been with us for a few months now and have found everything alright. I’d be happy to give some info on what you might be trying to achieve.

The first step I would do to create a control group would be to utilize our segment creation tool. From here, you could build a segment to filter out someone who has not received 1 or several campaigns; the set up would look something like the image below:

It is important on this step to use the AND function instead of the “or” function as we are tracking for multiple campaign sends. The next step would be to do the same and create a segment for those that have received the campaigns you are looking to investigate.

The next step would be to go to your analytics tab and export these segments as a csv. The important step here after is to select the CLV option when exporting the segment csv so you could compare the numbers between the two segments later!

I hope this helped and would also love to hear from other community members if they did a different method for this!

Alex