Solved

“viewed cart” integration to handy theme shopify

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hi everyone,

i have set up a browse abandonment flow for my shopify e-commerce, but noticed that it doesn’t have any input despite the amount of traffic and consumer browsing. I tried the instruction listed on https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005080407-Integrate-with-Shopify#add-web-tracking-to-your-shopify-store3; but unfortunately the product.liquid from the theme didn’t have any codes other than static collection. Does anyone have similar experience, and if you could advise where should I paste the snippets to? 

thanks,

adeline

icon

Best answer by Dov 9 April 2021, 21:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @aahline,

Do you mean that you are unable to modify your product.liquid file? We recommend adding the Viewed Product snippet to your product.liquid file because this will ensure that the script is able to execute on all of your product pages.

If you can clarify what you mean by “the product.liquid from the theme didn’t have any codes other than static collection”, our Community members can hopefully provide some more helpful direction.

Best,
Caroline

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @aahline,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community. And thank you @caroline for your note.

In order for the Viewed Product snippet to work correctly, it should be added to all of your product pages. If you are using custom product pages, you may need to add this snippet to a different theme file, or to your individual custom product pages in addition to the product.liquid file. 

Additionally, in order to log the Viewed Product, event in Klaviyo, you must first be cookied on the browser and then view the product. Your browser cookie can be logged through a few different ways. This includes filling out a Klaviyo sign-up form, clicking through a Klaviyo email or self-identifying in the browser using a UTM parameter. For the latter method, you would append the following UTM parameter into the address bar: ?utm_email=dovklaviyo@gmail.com. For example, www.yourwebsite.com?utm_email=testgmail@gmail.com. I recommend trying one of these methods and then viewing a product to see if you are able to log the event at this time. The web cookie will last for two years and is specific to that browser.

Thanks and have a great weekend.