Solved

Why is my click rate excellent and my click through rate is only proficient?

Badge +2

My click through rate is proficient but my click rate is high. How can I boost my click through rate?? How does click through rate affect deliverability and what does it indicate? 

icon

Best answer by Dov 20 May 2022, 15:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jasmine-,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

The click through rate is the percentage of people who clicked a link in your message out of the people who opened it. For example if you had 1 person click a link and 10 people who opened the email, your CTR would be 10%. A high CTR shows that users are actively engaging with your email. Assuming these users do not mark the email as spam, it will tell inboxes you’re a reputable sender and improve your deliverability. You can find a glossary of Klaviyo terms here as well.

In terms of the higher click rate but lower click through rate, it’s possible the tracking pixel in your email is not registering all of the opens, I would try moving the tracking pixel to the top of your email. You can achieve this by adjusting your email settings in Klaviyo - we have a guide on that here. You may also want to double-check that your emails are not being clipped on Gmail (another reason why we may not be registering all opens for the email). Moving the tracking pixel would fix this issue as well.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +2

Okay thank you for your response! I appreciate your help!

How will moving the tracker otherwise affect my emails and analytics? Why is the default setting to have the tracker at the bottom of the email? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Jasmine-,

Of course, happy to help.

It will have no other impact on your emails or analytics. This method of open tracking (with the pixel at the bottom) is the industry standard. However, we provide the option to move it to the top as a safeguard to improve open tracking for emails that may be cut or clipped by some inbox providers.

Thanks for being a member of our community.