Meet the Champions: Joe Hsieh

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies
Meet the Champions: Joe Hsieh
Userlevel 5
Badge +28

How did you get started with Klaviyo?

My very first Shopify merchant client used Klaviyo many years ago when Klaviyo first started out. I've been with Klaviyo ever since!
What message do you have for people new to Klaviyo? Klaviyo is much more than for just sending email and sms campaigns, leverage its data platform to build Flows to fully take advantage of its automation capabilities to send personalized and segmented emails and sms.
What is your favorite part of Klaviyo? My favorite part of Klaviyo is it's robustness around its data and event platform and the many other apps and tools it integrates with. You can truly create just about any automation or retention strategy by extending it with your own zero party data unique to your business.
What does the Klaviyo Community mean to you?

The Klaviyo Community is a place where I both learn and teach, and meet other like minded "Klaviyos" who are passionate about email and sms marketing and automation. Because everyone's use cases are unique, it's a place where I go for inspiration and possibilities.

:closed_book: What is ​​your favorite or most inspirational book?

Favorite - Snow Crash, inspirational - Built to Last

:gem: What is your most treasured possession?

1986 Heathkit Hero 2000 ET-19 Robot

:clapper: Who would play you in a movie?

Ally Sheedy in Short Circuit

:movie_camera:What is your favorite movie?

Short Circuit or Hackers

:island: What is your favorite vacation spot? 

Las Vegas

Looking to connect further for questions or custom solutions? Look me up on my Partner Page!

2 replies

Hey Joseph,

We have been trying hard to get better CTR and it seems near impossible. No problem with Open Rates but the CTR has always been poor - below 1%.  What has worked for you?

We were recently spam-botted back in April and our Klaviyo revenue has taken a serious hit since then some 30%.

Also, we are trying to build out much smaller segments of those who have purchased an item (all time) and we cannot seem to get the full purchase quantity making our segments very small.  We use placed orders with all the different titles of a particular sku and Ordered place to make sure we have the actual Sku covered in the segment.  It still ends up being a very small segment which we know isn’t accurate.

Thanks,

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

I post as @retention , so don’t be shy and reach out!