News

Product Update: SMS in Australia

• 27 September 2021
  • 7 replies
Product Update: SMS in Australia
Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Community, 

I’m Anthony from the Product Marketing team at Klaviyo 👋, and I’m so excited to announce that SMS is now available in Australia! 🇦🇺 🎉

qrtwDjuq0Z4JoMueoBOX-l4KL9mRmcm2UlbHJfyimBDjF2Lo1eEgnahZ0maF5t4g4A7PxWeBuHjtbWWRFrrABcTrvK6V2b4yV1S1PFz90jYkp9ZedVHnGwQBsoRa0xb5dBOamdWh=s0

With Klaviyo SMS, you can use one trusted platform for both email & SMS – allowing you to collect consent, build lists and segments, send targeted messages, and get an accurate report on your performance in one place. 

Klaviyo email customers who add SMS see an average ROI of 122x!  

With an internationally flexible pricing model, you don’t have to budget how many messages you are going to send in each country and be locked in parallel plans. Plus, flexible contracting means Klaviyo has to prove its value to you month-over-month.

Want to get started with SMS? Go directly into your account or talk to an expert today

Interested in learning more about how to succeed with SMS in Australia? Join us for a webinar with our platinum partner, Andzen, on October 6 at 11 AM AEST to see how Australian brands are using SMS to drive more revenue and build strong customer relationships. Register now! 

Additional resources below: 

Setting up SMS: 

Klaviyo Help Center Resources: 

Additional information:

Happy sending! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Karlbob

You can only have one SMS senderID per account. I would recommend investigating our wide-ranging and insightful documentation on Differences in SMS by country and Compare SMS sending numbers for the UK and AU to give you more insight into our SMS practices, especially in Australia. 

-Taylor

Badge +1

May have been asked before but can you have

• more than one SenderID saved in your account  - example company “PetsRUs” and can you also have “PetRUsVIP”….or can you only ever have one SenderID at a time?
  • An Australian mobile number instead of the free US number?

Badge +1

Thanks  - is this Table in USD?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Karlbob,

Thanks for sharing your question for us! Would love to give some insight here.

SMS for Australia is also calculated through credit as well, not in cents. In Australia, one SMS message counts for three credits. This concepts is explained further in our helpful documentation on how Klaviyo bills for SMS. You pay for a pricing model that has a certain amount of available credits each month! 

Thanks for your participation! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hi @anthonydelpizzo  - I understand the Pricing Model of 3 Credits per message, same as the UK, but what does one SMS cost in cents in Australia? thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@tubtreats Yes! You can set up an Alphanumeric Sender ID (for free) and only send to Australian numbers, if you prefer. 

is it possible to have an Australian sending number instead of a US one?