BFCM Prep: Share your story and Attend Live Trainings - check out the video (there's a puppy)!

• 3 September 2021
  • 3 replies
BFCM Prep: Share your story and Attend Live Trainings - check out the video (there's a puppy)!
Userlevel 5
Badge +28

This month’s theme: School’s in Session for BFCM Prep! :books:

We have Live Trainings coming your way, all throughout September to get you ready. You can sign up now! 

Going along with this month’s theme, we want to know...what do you wish you had prepared for back in September of 2020 for BFCM? Let us know and you could be featured!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

@retention, @Bobi N. @Mailbox Manny I am curious to hear your thoughts on this!

If you could go back in time, what do you wish you had prepared for back in September of last year for BFCM 2020?

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Dov 

Well, not sure for others but for me, working in a company.. the only thing I was surprised was how many times clients change their mind on a campaign last minute.. so I would say if you are solo, or if you are a team just make sure you always have some time in a day reserved for things like that. Otherwise you will get overwhelmed with preparations and than a lot of changes added to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi @Dov , can’t believe it’s this time of year already. 

Good question.

I’ve been in retail for a long time so have seen a lot of Black Fridays.  As a generalization, plan and prep well ahead of time if you can:

• Offers
  • Creative
  • Inventory
  • Segments
  • Pop-Ups
  • Flows
  • Landing Pages
  • Theme/Site Updates

This is the usually last big push to drive sign-ups to your email list for BFCM (don’t forget about SMS if you have it as well).

It can be a stressful time of year, so leaving stuff to November can make it overwhelming. 

A couple things I see that get overlooked is leaving the welcome and abandoned cart flows as-is.  Don’t forget to update all touchpoints! Attention spans are short for shoppers during that weekend, so keep the messaging short and make it easy to purchase. 

Something I’ve noticed as well is brands starting their Black Friday sales early to perhaps avoid the noise on BFCM.  If you plan to react, build it in your timeline (I think the earliest I saw BFCM deals hit were one week before).  My opinion, stick to your timeline and what your customers

Also, CTC has a great post for BFCM Marketing Tips (not sure if their team is on here, if so, please tag them!).

Excited for the live trainings.