๐ŸŽ™๏ธ Klaviyo Growth Podcast - is SMS Marketing right for you?

• 3 February 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

SMS marketing began in the mid 2000s, most notably by some large brands like Nike in 2006, but is now one of the most common and profitable ways of marketing. It is something that used to be difficult, expensive, and somewhat misunderstood. So when Klaviyo released SMS in early 2020 I found myself asking if it was correct for me to be recommending this to our customers.

Joining us as the first internal Klaviyo guest on this podcast, Navin Jain, SMS Account Executive, helps answer that question directly, after explaining some basics, even if it means telling some customers or listeners to hold off.

The way Navin, and many of us at Klaviyo, look at SMS is that "SMS is really a great tool to add fuel to the fire." AKA if your email marketing strategy is solid, it doesn't have to be perfect, you would consider enhancing your performance by developing an SMS strategy. Similarly, if you're not seeing the results you want from email, or are struggling with setting up some main flows (Welcome Series etc) you'll want to focus on having that foundation built before devoting resources to SMS.
ย 

That being said, Navin describes some of the easiest ways to get started with just TESTING SMS. The "home run" cases that we go through are really pretty simple, have some basic flows set up where you can begin to AB test email vs. SMS - and Klaviyo does provide an initial $50 balance so you can test this relatively risk free.

There's a lot of other great information in the podcast and here:ย Getting Started with SMS.ย 

Follow us on social at:ย 
Twitter -ย @klaviyogrowth
Instagram -ย @klaviyogrowth
Facebook -ย @klaviyogrowth
YouTube -ย Klaviyo Success

0 replies

Be the first to reply!