Unsubscribe Page Conversion Opportunity

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Little Known Unsubscribe Convertion Trick

Most people I see using email marketing are leaving money on the table when it comes to their unsubscribe page…

(Especially if you’re doing a lot of volume.)

Not many people know this but you can change the unsubscribe page your subscribers land on after they unsubscribe from your email newsletter/list.

I’ve used this page to act as one last-ditch effort to get a sale from subscribers...and it actually works!

Two things I recommend you do when setting up your unsubscribe page:

1. Make sure they know they’ve been unsubscribed from your list. If this isn’t clear they may mark your email as spam out of confusion.
  2. Add a downsell offer.

And that's it.

You can access your unsubscribe page via the “preference pages” section in Klaviyo.

If you have this set up already, please let me know what you have on this page.

If you don’t have this set up, let me know if you have any questions or if you need help creating such a page!

Thanks,

-Lachlan

k.mcevoy 3 years ago

Hi @Lachlan Kuchel

Thanks so much for this great tip!

To add some additional detail, while you can edit the look and feel of your list’s Unsubscribe page, as detailed here, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act we cannot add additional fields or content to that page. A brief overview of that act can be found in our Deliverability Glossary

That being said, on your Unsubscribe Page you can link your customers to a Preference Page which allows for further customization such as the inclusion of additional fields and information about promotional offers. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions and thanks again for contributing to the forum! 

Kelsey 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @Lachlan Kuchel

Thanks so much for this great tip!

To add some additional detail, while you can edit the look and feel of your list’s Unsubscribe page, as detailed here, in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act we cannot add additional fields or content to that page. A brief overview of that act can be found in our Deliverability Glossary

That being said, on your Unsubscribe Page you can link your customers to a Preference Page which allows for further customization such as the inclusion of additional fields and information about promotional offers. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions and thanks again for contributing to the forum! 

Kelsey 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi @Lachlan Kuchel,  curious, please share a screenshot of an unsubscribe page that has performed well for you.