Solved

Custom HTML for signup form / pop-up form

• 17 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Does anyone know if there is a way to drop in custom HTML into the pop-up form builder? I know you can do this in the email template building when you hit <source> but is there any workaround for the pop-ups?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 18 August 2021, 22:46

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @kurban93 ,

Thanks for posting your question to the Community! In order to add custom HTML to a pop-up form, it would have to not be a Klaviyo prebuilt form. In order to edit the HTML of a form you would need to use a Klaviyo Legacy sign up form.  These forms will not use our new signup from builder will output the full form to HTML which can be edited.  

With our legacy forms, we provide you with the form code so that you can do what you please. Take a look at our guide on our legacy form here: Add and Customize a Legacy Popup.

Hope this helped!

Alex

Badge +3

You should add a function where you could add a countdown timer to the signup form.. in that way many of us could just add the counter and get on with other tasks.. not allowing us to customize our text fields in our signup forms (popup on-site) is just wierd? :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Patrick Hoffmann,

Unfortunately we do not support dynamic countdown clocks at this time so it will need to be uploaded just as an image instead of a Source of a Text block like how you can in an Email Template. However, we do have an entire HC article related to How to add a countdown timer to your emails and signup forms I suggest you check out too.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +3

Hi @alex.hong,

We already use CountdownMail but the issue is that the only way to insert the counter within our signup form is by image (GIF) and that doesn’t update from time to time.. If we could insert the embed code we would be home safe by the end of the day ;)

Badge +1

You should just have a “raw html” block, that can be inserted like all other blocks… 
Why not?? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I have been trialling Optimonk as an alternative to Klaviyos pop up builder. Anyone else have experience of this app?

Badge +3

I have been trialling Optimonk as an alternative to Klaviyos pop up builder. Anyone else have experience of this app?

Nope, the most popular I know is Sleeknote but expensive.. Crazy that Klaviyo hasn’t fixed this yet. Seams really easy.

Badge +3

Hi @Patrick Hoffmann,

Unfortunately we do not support dynamic countdown clocks at this time so it will need to be uploaded just as an image instead of a Source of a Text block like how you can in an Email Template. However, we do have an entire HC article related to How to add a countdown timer to your emails and signup forms I suggest you check out too.

Thanks,

Alex

You know that it takes 5 minutes to do that each morning, 5 times a week x 52 weeks = 21 anually hours x $42 salary = $822 AND so much time that could have been spend so many other urgent places, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Apologies you feel that way @Patrick Hoffmann ,

However, it is not up to the Community to create these updates. The best we can do is to get our product team to recognize new requests or feature ideas that kind community members leave for us. That being said, there are a multitude of updates and product features to go through and implement so I would advise still following our guidance:

Since Klaviyo does not have built-in timers in our platform, you will need to integrate with third party platforms that offer this feature. There are several third-party countdown timer generators you can use and these services allow you to input the parameters of your timer (how long you'd like it to run for, etc.) and produce a snippet of code that you can add to your Klaviyo template. Two popular options are CountdownMail and Sendtric

After finding a countdown timer integration and setting it up, you will then follow this section in this article: Add a timer that counts down from open/load in a signup form or email to add your countdown clock to your forms.