Solved

How can I create a custom trigger to prevent timed popup and exit popup from overlapping or showing at the same time?

• 9 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have 2 popups that are currently overlapping. My welcome popup is set to open after 15 second on the site. The next popup is set to open on exit intent. If a visitor decides to leave the site before 15 seconds, the exit popup will show first then the welcome popup will show while the exit popup is still on the screen.

How do I set a custom trigger for the exit popup to only show if the visitor sees the welcome popup first? To be more specific, I would like the exit pop to show only if the visitor viewed the welcome popup and closed the form.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 April 2023, 17:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Fiona

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

You can setup a custom trigger for your exit intent form so that it will only pop up if the exit button is pressed on your welcome popup form by following our documentation here . However, as this action requires access to your personal HTML on your site, I’m not able to offer further assistance and would ask your developer or a Klaviyo partner for help setting this up. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Hi @Fiona - did you ever get this implemented? If so, how did you do it. We would like to set up a similar trigger.

Thanks!