Solved

Klaviyo tracking overwrites custom properties

• 16 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I have a field on my signup form that sets the profile’s “Status” property to a certain value, eg “Start”. As the user progresses through our flow we update this field to keep track of where they are in our funnel.

However, I’m finding that if the user navigates to the site, the klaviyo javascript snippet executes a `track` call which replaces the value of this property with the original value that is included with the signup form (ie, “Start”) - as a result we lose the status of that user.

How do we prevent this field being overwritten?

icon

Best answer by dmpatrolio 24 June 2021, 02:55

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

I was just using the standard JS tag, ie:

<script async="" type="text/javascript" src="https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/klaviyo.js?company_id=XXXX"></script>

I ended up working around this by not setting this field as a hidden field in my signup form, and instead setting it via the API when the form redirects to another URL after submission.

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hello @dmpatrolio,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

Can you specify which Klaviyo javascript snippet you’re referring to? Also, do you have any other custom scripts/forms or anything that could potentially be updating this property to the original value like a 3rd party or subsequent sign-up form? Update preferences page, etc?