Solved

Can I create a Klaviyo Signup Form for Account Creation in my Shopify store?

• 9 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I want to create a custom account registration form in Shopify but it looks like it only stores it in the Cistomer Note area. So instead I am looking to create it in Klaviyo using a build from scratch form (embedded)

I need the following fields, Title, First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth (optional), Anniversary Date (Optional), Email address, Retype Email, Password (with 8 characters minimum and special requirements, Retype password, Newsletter and Sms consent  - and i want double opt in

It seems like this is possible except the password part…..AM i able to do the above and use that on the shopify site? or am i not understanding this? if i use this form how do this new customer’s collected info appear in Shopify so it can be used and edited within online account?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 January 2022, 21:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Will888

Welcome to the Community, we are so happy you’re here!

While we don’t have the functionality to create a custom account registration form in Klaviyo for your Shopify store, we do have documentation outlining the possibility to Sync Shopify Account Registration Customers to A Klaviyo List. When modifying the list, you should be able to select the Double Opt-In feature for your synced Klaviyo List.

While Klaviyo Syncs Certain data from Shopify such as:

• Email, First and Last Name, City, State/Region, Zip Code, Country, Phone Number: These built-in Klaviyo fields are automatically populated with all available data from Shopify
  • Accepts Marketing: Whether or not a customer has opted-in to receive marketing, e.g., True/False
  • Shopify Tags: Any custom tags assigned to that customer in Shopify, e.g., Wholesale or VIP

Other information you’re looking to collect ,such as Date of Birth, Anniversary and Title, will need to be collected in another form. I would recommend using a Klaviyo form for this data.

Finally, I’d recommend reaching out to Shopify Support to more fully understand how customers can update their information within your store.

Thanks for your participation within the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +3

Hi Taylor and thanks for your reply. After I wrote the post and did additional research it seems the ONLY way as of now to get a professional account crestion and customer account management area in Shopify is to use a third party paid app, then get it over to Klaviyo. Shopify has dropped the ball for everyone in these areas.