Solved

Can I Update profile properties with legacy forms?

• 24 October 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi,

Can I use legacy forms to create custom profile properties for existing profiles, rather than create new profiles with new custom properties?

I want to collect existing users’ birth dates, and the manage subscription page is not a good enough solution, as I cannot use a date picker, and users must use the American date format for Klaviyo to update the field as a date field.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 25 October 2021, 20:07

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Jonts

Welcome to the Community! Happy to hear you’re creating a more personalized experience for your users by collecting their birthdays! 

Yes, you are definitely able to Collect Date Properties from a Legacy Form. As long as the user inputs the same email address in the form when adding their birthday as is originally stored in Klaviyo, the form will update the profile property to the user and not create a new profile. However, this will require custom coding for this reason I would suggest giving the manage subscription page another look as it is the less technical route and Klaviyo doesn’t support troubleshooting custom code. If you do run into an issue when installing the form, I would contact your developer or reach out to a Klaviyo Partner

Finally, I’d check out other conversations users in the Community have had about a similar topic that could give more insight! 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor