Solved

Can you create a list or segment without e-mail adresses?

• 28 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I have created a short survey to get customer feedback about my product. 
I want to keep the survey as accessible as possible and make the commitment to fill in the survey as small as possible. That’s why i don't want to ask for their e-mail. 
The purpose of this survey is not to collect e-mail addresses, but honest feedback.
I made a list to collect the data, but after filling in the survey, nothing gets added to the list. I also tried to create a segment, but that didn't work either. 
Do you know how i can collect the data without customers having to fill in their e-mail address?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 1 March 2022, 00:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Bluelion,

Welcome to the Community. 

Unfortunately, Klaviyo doesn't currently have a true surveys feature, although we do have existing integrations with Typeform or Wufoo, which might be a good fit for your use case. Have you read through our guide, Include Ratings Links or NPS Surveys in an Email? It details how to send out a survey in an email (that you could send after a customer purchases). 

All the best,

Alex

Badge +2

Hi Alex, thanks for your rely!
I made the survey as a signup form with customized properties.

This signup form is embedded on my website.

I have done this before and this way i can see the data of the customized properties in the profiles, but because i dont ask for e-mail addresses, it seems that the profiles are not added to the list or segment. 
Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks again for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @Bluelion,

One way I can see this working though is if the form was able to recognize the cookied profile when this feedback was submitted. Otherwise that feedback data wouldn't be assigned/associated with any particular profile and essentially be lost. This is expected behavior even for a signup form built in Klaviyo with custom fields. If we're not able to associate those fields to the profile with an email address, then we couldn’t add profiles to a list or segment.

I would again advise to use a third party integration such as Typeform to collect feedback.

All the best,

Alex

Badge +2

Thanks Again for sharing your knowledge Alex.
So one way or another, i will have to ask for e-mail in order to see the data?

Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hey there @Bluelion,

No problem. I’d take a look at our existing integrations with Typeform or Wufoo and see which works best for what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks!
Alex