Solved

DevTools failed to load source map

• 15 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

My flyout form takes a while to appear on the page. I’ve set it for a 10 second delay. I checked the console in Chrome for any errors and I have this error appear:

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://static.klaviyo.com/onsite/js/sentry.957bb8d322d8fad44127.js.map: HTTP error: status code 403, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

Do I need to be concerned/do anything about this? 

Thank you,

Gillian

icon

Best answer by David To 15 October 2021, 19:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Gillian,

Great question!

The sourcemap isn’t needed for script execution, it’s a mapping between minified JS and the source file it came from. It’s helpful for debugging purposes but the Klaviyo.js would still work without it to call and execute all Klaviyo functions such as rendering a signup form.

Since it sounds like you have a 10 second delay set for your signup’s behavioral settings, this would be the reason as to why it is taking some time for the form to appear. Keep in mind that this time delay starts counting when your site fully loads. Meaning if your website contains larger content files that may cause the site to take longer to full load, the signup form’s delay would not start counting down until the page has fully loaded all scripts. 

Similarly, if you have multiple display timing behavioral settings in place, all of those behaviors must be met in order for the form to appear as they are separated by AND conditions as opposed to OR conditions as mentioned in the Form Behavior subsection of the Guide to the Signup Form Builder Help Center article. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi @david.to,

Thank you very much for the response - very helpful. My form is rendering quicker which is great. One last question (let me know if I need to create a separate question), is it possible to have a flyaway form appear once after a delay and then if they don’t fill in the form, appear again on exit? It seems like you can tick both boxes but it doesn’t appear to be working for me. Not sure if I want this option as it seems a bit pushy but this is for a survey page so I thought they might want to fill it out at the end. I could always add an embed form I guess at the end.

Gillian

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Gillian,

Glad my response helped! 

As highlighted prior, the ability to select multiple display timing setting such as the Show when visitor is exiting the page and Show X seconds after page load behavior settings are considered AND conditions, not OR conditions. This means that despite being able to tick both the boxes, both of those requirement needs to be met prior for the form to load. This does not mean that the form will appear if either one of those settings are met. 

If you would like a form to appear after a specific time delay and then a second time if the visitor navigates to exit the page, then you’ll want to have two separate signup forms. One form with only the behavioral load delay setting of enabled Show when visitor is exiting the page enabled and the second form with only the load setting delay of Show X seconds after page load enabled. 

Have a great day!

David

Badge +2

Hi @david.to,

Gotcha! Thanks very much for the response :-) My forms are looking pretty sexy even if I say so myself haha.

Cheers,

Gillian