Solved

Different number of product columns on desktop vs mobile

• 10 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Is there any technical solution to make it possible to have 4 product columns on desktop and two on mobile devices?

icon

Best answer by David To 10 January 2023, 19:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Legeakademiet,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

You should be able to accomplish this by using separate desktop specific and mobile specific product blocks instead of a single product block meant to display on both desktop and mobile.

If you’re just getting started, I would also suggest taking a look at our Guide to the email template editor (new editor) and Understanding mobile email optimization Help Center articles. We also offer a handy Getting Started with Email Design Academy Course that many find helpful!

I hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @Legeakademiet,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

You should be able to accomplish this by using separate desktop specific and mobile specific product blocks instead of a single product block meant to display on both desktop and mobile.

If you’re just getting started, I would also suggest taking a look at our Guide to the email template editor (new editor) and Understanding mobile email optimization Help Center articles. We also offer a handy Getting Started with Email Design Academy Course that many find helpful!

I hope this helps!

David

Thanks David, but I have been told if I use two seperate blocks it could might be a problem with GMAIL accounts, sense there is a risk that they will cut the length of the email. Is that correct? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Legeakademiet,

Sounds like the behavior you’re talking about is Gmail Clipping

Gmail clipping is a fairly common behavior. But because it’s so common there are a number of ways to alleviate it. Overall, this behavior happens if your emails are too large in size - not length. Although using separate blocks will increase the code weight of the email, introducing an extra block isn’t likely to be the root cause of clipping as it would pertain to your email as a whole - unless you have a lot going on in your email. Either way, Gmail clipping is something you’ll want to understand and optimize for. 

I would also encourage you to take a look at our Why Is My Email Being Clipped? Help Center article along with some other past Community posts that have proven helpful to others:

David