Solved

Discount code not listed in automated email reply

• 26 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a “Welcome email” sign up option on my website, offering "15% discount" if customer's choose to sign up, however, after testing this sign up option myself, the 15% discount code SIGNUP verbiage was not provided in the email response message.  Can anyone provide assistance on what I may be doing wrong and the steps that I can take to correct this?  

Thank you!

Christy

icon

Best answer by Manny Singh 28 October 2022, 06:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Christy,

Welcome to the community!

Let’s see what’s happening here.  To better understand what’s going on, please send a screenshot of the email set up (template editor showing the coupon block)

Badge +1

Hi Manny,  

Here is a screenshot of the email that I received (I tested the signup option that my website offers and used my personal email to sign up) and as you can see, the discount code that I’ve created in my Shopify discount dashboard is not listed, rather, a click here to confirm my subscription is embedded.  Is there a way that I can create a Klaviyo signup form that only has a welcome message for my new customers and include the discount code that I’ve created?  I do not want my customer’s to have to click anything to confirm their email.  I personally do not like this myself when I sign up for other businesses.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you so much, Christy

Badge +1

Also, I failed to mention in my previous response…..after I received the email reply (the screenshot above), I went into my Klaviyo dashboard and changed “Broadcast” to another name.  I’m unsure if this is correct or not.  Thank you for your time and help.  Christy

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Ahhhh, I see what you’re trying to do.  So, you want to remove the double opt-in to prevent that extra step a subscriber needs to go through before getting the welcome email with the code.

Here’s a Klaviyo help article on how to enable single opt-in:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251108-Understanding-the-double-opt-In-process#enable-single-opt-in3

Let me know if that works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @christyhambrick

Thanks for sharing your question with us and thanks @Mailbox Manny for hopping in here! 

You are receiving this second subscription confirmation email before your discount email because the list that you subscribed to is set to double opt in. It’s considered best practice to have your list set to double opt in as this is a way to reduce incorrect emails or spam bots signing up for you lists. After a user confirms their subscription a second time, then they would receive your discount email. However, you can change your list to single opt-in if you want, but I would be mindfully to watch your deliverability rates and list clean regularly  to maintain good account/list hygiene! 

I’d check out these helpful threads to learn more! 

Do you mind sharing why you can’t the word Broadcast? Is this the name of your business or store? Typically, it’s best to have the company name be listed so customers know whose marketing they’re subscribing to when they get this email. 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor