Solved

Display "Already Subscribed" Message for Signup Forms

• 22 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

I am populating a popup form on my website load for subscribe the newsletter and emails.

I want if a user fill the information and click on signup page then klaviyo should match if the user is already subscribed. if yes then show a msg that you are already subscribed.

Pls revert on sushma.sharma@ens.enterprises

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 22 September 2021, 20:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi all, 

@Ashley I. thanks for sharing this helpful thread! 

I have made a feature request with our product team! 

-Taylor 

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

HI @Pamela-MJ !

A custom form message for “already submitted” doesn’t appear to be a native feature in Klaviyo right now. However, there is already a very informative thread on the Community which discussed some alternatives, including third-party apps or plugins:

@Taylor Tarpley Maybe a good idea for a feature request? 😊

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Tagging Klaviyo Champion @Ashley I. here in the thread! 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Following this thread because I want to add a message prompt every time an existing subscriber fills out the sign-up pop-up form with an email that’s already in the Masterlist. 

Wondering if there are any solutions available for this? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

@Nikolaus - I have a suggestion for a workaround so that your existing email subscribers don’t receive the welcome email. When I first joined Klaviyo, we had an existing subscriber list. At the suggestion of my on-boarding person, I added a custom property named Manual Add, and anyone that was in the existing list had Yes in that field. When I created the welcome email flow, I added a flow filter where Manual Add is not set AND Manual Add doesn’t equal Yes. This way, when I imported the existing list, they were automatically excluded from the welcome flow.
Of course, this assumes that you are using a welcome email flow and are manually importing your existing list. If this is not the case, let me know, and I can think some more about the issue.
Hope this helps.

Any update on this topic?

I additionally have the problem that I have already an existing email subsriber list. All these profiles are getting the welcome offer too and I can’t find a way to prevent this. 

Can someone help with that?

Badge

Any news on this feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Sushma,

Welcome to the Community!

At this time, it is not possible for Klaviyo signup forms to display a message to customers who have previously submitted a form utilizing the same email address as their current attempt. However, this is a widely requested feature and I'm happy to add your voice to those of the other requesters! 

If you would like to do so, you can set your forms to not show to existing Klaviyo profiles - this provides you with the security that your existing profiles should not see your form after they have initially filled it out. To do this, you will navigate to the form's Behaviors section and click on the option under Targeting to "don't show to existing Klaviyo profiles": 
?name=inline797605961.png

Beyond this, you could look into utilizing one of our third-party signup form providers who do allow for unique/"already submitted" form messages. 

Finally, if you decide not to take either of these paths, customers who subscribe to a list more than once will only enter any Klaviyo Flows triggered by this list one time. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, always happy to help! 

Alex