Solved

Do Warranty Forms work to sync information to Klaviyo?

• 16 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is using Warranties forms on Shopify and the data syncing across into Klaviyo.

What i am trying to do is capture email address from no direct purchasers so we can manage warranty and give added value to their purchases.

I did think about using a Klaviyo form but the data is overridden each time I fill the form in.

Any ideas?

Dave

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 16 November 2021, 16:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @davemanson

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

Yes, Warranties forms are a possibility for those integrated with Shopify and want to use a Shopify form. The data should properly sync into Klaviyo as long as you have your  Shopify integration set to collect email subscribers from Shopify and add them to a list. As shown below. I would also ensure you only have 

I would also ensure you don not have  multiple Klaviyo.js snippets installed on your site and/or the Klaviyo.js snippet was manually installed incorrectly, as this cause the form to display incorrectly. 

You can check to see if there are multiple Klaviyo.js snippets installed on your site by:

1. Going to your website
  2. Viewing the Page Source or viewing the Inspector Tool
  3. Control + F (or Command + F on Mac)
  4. Search for the phrase Company_ID

Additionally, you could use a Klaviyo embed form to successfully collect this data. However, if you are the one continually filling out the form, the data is being updated each form submission. What information are you looking to collect in this form? If you have two custom properties properties or answers you’re collecting in the form, yet they have the same value, only one answer will be recorded. I would check out this Community post from a user experiencing a similar issue to gain more insight! 

Thanks for asking your question in the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +7

Thanks Taylor, very helpful. It will be a warranty on a bike. So if i buy a bike for both my children i can’t work out how the form can differentiate from Bike 1 to Bike 2. Similarly if i buy the next bike up the original data needs to stay. The idea is more about capturing external purchases email address but the data needs to be actionable and not change. Can Klaviyo forms generate list rather than custom property = 1 it creates a list of Custom property = 1, 2, (This gets continuously added to?)

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @davemanson

Yes, our forms and other other third-party forms can hold list data types. I would recommend using the multi-checkbox block in our form editor for storing this type of data. 

Thanks for sharing more about your situation with the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge +7

Hi @Taylor Tarpley, So i have managed to create a Klaviyo form which pulls across list data. Which means the forms work. However if I redo the form the data is overridden rather than appended to. Is there something that i can do to the form so if i fill the form in with new details the data is not over written but rather add to?

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @davemanson.

Thanks for sharing this! 

Upon further investigation, you will need to create a custom event for this via API. A custom event is a custom metric that will be triggered when a certain event takes place, ie. form submission.

Although this metric will still be saved as a custom property, it will be trackable in your customer’s event timeline. A custom metric will also register in analytics so you can track this event over time. Custom metrics will not over-ride each other as this form is doing with the list data. You will need to reach out to your dev team or a Klaviyo partner  to install this.

Best,

Taylor