I have an app where I want to collect an email address in one embedded Klaviyo form in a popup window and immediately load a 2nd Klaviyo form to collect an optional phone number and update the contact record created from the 1st form (possibly by using a hidden field to store the email ID).
Best answer by david.to
What you are describing sounds like a multi-step signup form. Although, Klaviyo does not have this sort of feature available for its sign up forms, it is actually on Klaviyo’s roadmap!
This feature is expected to be released later this year! I would keep my eyes open for an announcement when this feature does become available!
In the interim, some other alternative solutions you can use are:
- Using a third party signup form which supports this multi-step functionality while setting up the redirect for customers to be added to a Klaviyo list.
- When implementing this solution, you would need to utilize Klaviyo’s API to collect this SMS consent for Klaviyo.
- Custom code your own multi-step signup form
- Utilizing two pop up forms.
- Having the first signup form’s Success Message page include a button whose "Go to URL" action is set for an anchor tag.
- Second popup form’s behavior is set to only appear on a button click set for the same anchor tag set in the first form.
- This sort of strategy is highlighted in the How to Trigger a Legacy Popup When a Button is Clicked and How to Use Anchor Links in Your Messages and Forms articles.
Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community! I’ll update this post as well when this multi-step signup form feature is available within Klaviyo.