Solved

Embedded form not rendering with Impulse Theme

• 24 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Contributor II
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am trying to add an embedded form into our footer. We are using shopify with the impulse theme. I posted the code into the footer liquid as described in the tutorial, but it wont show up. I then tried to post it somewhere else, still a no show :-/ I also made sure to delate the code wherever I posted it. 

If I edit the theme however the sign up form shows up 3 times, but is still nowhere to be seen on the live page… How is that even possible? What do I do wrong? I am no coder and have no clue what I’m doing….

Please help!

Thank you in advance!

Cheers Elli

icon

Best answer by David To 24 June 2021, 20:25

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Elli,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

I would first recommend taking a look into Klaviyo’s Signup Form Troubleshooting to see if the guide can help you troubleshoot your form’s issue. @skellam also has a great Community post on steps to troubleshoot why forms your aren’t displaying on your site which i’ve included below:

The most common reason why an embedded form wouldn’t be rendering on your site despite installing the form’s <div> code is often times dues to:

• The Klaviyo onsite javascript is not installed or not installed properly on your site
  • You may have accidentally created and linked multiple Klaviyo accounts to the same site thus resulting in having multiple unique klaviyo onsite javascripts present on your site
  • The embedded form is not set Live

If the Klaviyo onsite javascript is not yet installed on your site, this would prevent Klaviyo from rendering any signup forms created within Klaviyo. This Klaviyo javacript can either be manually installed or automatically injected onto your site. To automatically have Klaviyo inject this code onto your site, I would recommend checking off an enabling the Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript (recommended) setting within your Integrations > Shopify settings. Alternatively, you can manually install this code by following the instructions found in the How to Install klaviyo.js for Shopify Stores article.

Alternatively, if you have multiple Klaviyo accounts connected to your store or accidentally created a new Klaviyo account that was connected to this store after using the Klaviyo app available within the Shopify store, this is a known behavior that multiple Klaviyo accounts and their unique javascripts would prevent embedded forms from rendering. You can see if you have multiple Klaviyo accounts integrated to your site by using the inspector tool or viewing the page source and using the Control+F for a PC, or Command+F on a Mac, to search for the phrase “company_ID”. If you notice that there are multiple lines of code and results that do not match your own Klaviyo account’s Public API Key, this would indicate you have multiple Klaviyo accounts connected to your store. If this was the case, you can follow the instructions I outlined in the following Community post to alleviate this issue: 

Lastly, oftentimes in the excitement of creating a Klaviyo signup form, one may forget to publish the form. Despite installing the form’s <div> code, without the form Published, the form would not render in your designated installation area. To publish your form, navigate into your form and in the top right corner, you’ll see a dropdown option that will either read as Draft, Editing, or Published with a corresponding status icon. In the event the form is in Draft, this would indicate the form is not yet Live and published to render on your site. I would recommend taking a look at the Overview of the Signup Form Builder to further learn about these form statuses. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Thank you very much! This helped me a lot!

Cheers,

Elli

Badge +2

Hey @Elli would you be willing to share how you inserted teh klaviyo form into your impulse footer. I am currently trying to figure out a way to do this.

Thanks

Fabio