Question

Exit Popup only works when top of website is shown

Badge

Hi, 

newbie here. I´m trying to create a exit popup:

Signup Forms → Targeting & Behavior → Loading delay → Show when visitor is exiting the page

It only works, when the top of the website is shown. When I scroll down just a little bit, the exit popup isn´t shown. 

Is there a chance to change that? Am I making something wrong?

Thanks for your help :-)

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

Hey @Josh Clear 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to jump in to help with your signup form!

One thing to remember about exit intent signup forms, they are triggered when someone mouses above the top of the viewport on desktop, and if someone scrolls quickly upward on mobile. this could be why your not seeing it displayed, because one of these two actions have not been met. The article on how to choose form targeting and behavior goes in depth on different settings that might be more effective for what you are trying to accomplish. Just remember if you set two different settings for display, the customer will have to meet both conditions before it will display which can cause some challenges too. Can you share with us what you want to see happen for the exit intent and then we can figure out how to create the display settings to best support your work?

Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community!

Badge

Hey @stephen.trumble 

thanks for your quick response.

I want to create an exit pop up similar to the one in this page (desktop version):
https://got-bag.com/products/rolltop-seaspiracy#BLACK

When I move the cursor near the upper left corner, the popup ist shown. 
Perfect.

But when I scroll down just a bit and then move the cursor to the upper left corner, the popup is not shown. When I scroll back to the top of the page, it works again.

That´s what happens on my website too.

My question is:
Can I change it, so that the popup is shown when I move the cursor to the upper left corner regardless of what part of the page is shown?

---
Josh

Userlevel 6
Badge +38

Hey @Josh Clear 

Just to seek some clarity, I went to the site you share and was not shown an exit intent signup form. I was shown a pop up with a loading delay after scrolling 50% (estimation) of the page.

Badge

Hey @stephen.trumble 

for better understanding I made a short video to show what I see:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/8b27cb49fce7e95476c4df3a000f6b1120220517055326/3d2ba33818d82ea845f83f95cd8e63eb20220517055342/617d81
---
Josh
Badge

Hey @stephen.trumble 

did you have the chance to watch the video?