Solved

GDPR Consent on Signup PAGES (not forms)?

• 8 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

How can I add GDPR consent checkboxes on a Klaviyo signup PAGE (not the forms). This is because Wix & Klaviyo don’t play nice! - Not sure why Klaviyo can’t do this via a standard embed form like Mailchimp do!

So I’m doing a full page and embedding that, as I found on a guide on Klaviyo docs… but can’t seem to find how to add GDPR consent fielsds?

icon

Best answer by David To 8 December 2021, 16:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @MikeG,

Glad you were able to figure out how to map your properties! 

Thanks for coming back and sharing your findings with the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Figured it out, set propety to $consent. Seems to have done it.

Badge +2

Hello @MikeG,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Although Klaviyo does not currently have a 1:1 integration with Wix, it’s still possible to connect the two softwares using third party tools or through a custom integration. In addition, it still would be possible to publish a Klaviyo built popup form or even embed a Klaviyo signup form on a Wix site as @Dov has mentioned in the following Community post:

From my experience, it’s typically a matter of ensuring the Klaviyo onsite javascript is installed and loading on the Wix page that you wish the signup form to appear on and making sure the <div> code for the embedded form is installed correctly.  

If you were looking to incorporate GDPR consent fields in reference to the Embed a Full Subscribe Page on Your Website Help Center article, I would suggest taking a look at both the the Guide to Understanding Opt-in Related Pages for a List and  Guide to Collecting GDPR Compliant Consent Help Center articles. From them, you’ll learn how to further customize opt-in related pages and include addition fields mapped to the corresponding properties you want. What you’ll want to do is ensure these addition fields you are adding to the subscribe page are mapped accordingly to pass GDPR consent. 

I hope this helps!

David

Thanks,

I added the JS to the <head> and confirmed with Klaviyo’s checker that it was there.

I then embedded the <div> using a HTML widget on the site, but the form didn’t appear. Couldn’t see any JS console errors, either.

As you can see the div is present (image in this post). The JS is present as confirmed by Klaviyo’s checker, too.

I checked https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005251848-Guide-to-Understanding-Opt-in-Related-Pages-for-a-List#fields-and-sections-that-cannot-be-updated3 but cannot see where to set GDPR fields. I can see I could, for example, add a selection of checkboxes, but I’m not sure how to assign the values to $consent->email etc? It seems its’s a free text to enter these and I cannot find wheat value to use for the property. Any help with this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @MikeG,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Although Klaviyo does not currently have a 1:1 integration with Wix, it’s still possible to connect the two softwares using third party tools or through a custom integration. In addition, it still would be possible to publish a Klaviyo built popup form or even embed a Klaviyo signup form on a Wix site as @Dov has mentioned in the following Community post:

From my experience, it’s typically a matter of ensuring the Klaviyo onsite javascript is installed and loading on the Wix page that you wish the signup form to appear on and making sure the <div> code for the embedded form is installed correctly.  

If you were looking to incorporate GDPR consent fields in reference to the Embed a Full Subscribe Page on Your Website Help Center article, I would suggest taking a look at both the the Guide to Understanding Opt-in Related Pages for a List and  Guide to Collecting GDPR Compliant Consent Help Center articles. From them, you’ll learn how to further customize opt-in related pages and include addition fields mapped to the corresponding properties you want. What you’ll want to do is ensure these addition fields you are adding to the subscribe page are mapped accordingly to pass GDPR consent. 

I hope this helps!

David