Solved

How can I translate sign up form validation messages?

• 25 February 2021
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there,

Changing the list’s language settings should change the language of the opt-in messages for the form. Have you double-checked that you are changing the language settings of the list connected to the form?

Best,

Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Caroline,

As per my original question, I already did what you suggested - set the language of the list to translate the items which are translated only by your system. Despite doing so, the validation messages are still displayed in English.

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems to me, that validation msg are controlled only by the list’s language settings only. 

I set a few different languages as the list’s language to test if it has any influence on the validation’s messages displayed in the submission form, but it makes no difference - those are always displayed in English.

Should I recreate a submission form so it picks up the correct language settings?

Please kindly advise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi there,

Please check out our Help Center article, How to Customize Content Based on Language (the section I’ve linked describes how to change the language of the validation messages).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Caroline