Solved

How Do I Completely Remove the Close Button on a Form?

• 22 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

hi,

is there any way to hide the close button in the pop up form or flyout form?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 22 September 2021, 18:01

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @nusrath

Thanks for sharing your question with us! Unfortunately, you cannot completely hide the close button from a form, as users will need an option to click out of the form if they want. When considering the customers’ experience with your brand, this action would not be something I recommend as it might not be an enjoyable experience for them.

However, I can share that we have recently released the feature to allow users to Edit Form Dismissal Settings. This allows users a lot more freedom to edit the exit button including changing the size, color, and adjusting the behavior of a button to only close if a user has specifically clicked the exit button rather than clicking outside of the form to close. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +2

hi@Taylor Tarpley

thanks for your reply.

Badge +1

Hello 

I seem to have the opposite problem. I have tried visiting my site and on mobile the x (exit) button is not available which is quite frustrating when you want to close the box. Is there something I am doing wrong? 

Thanks

Becky 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @bexelgiftshop

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing display issues with your form! As mentioned earlier, Klaviyo requires that all signups forms are formatted with an exit button to provide a way for profiles leave the form if they’re not interested. You can edit the exit button, however, it isn’t a feature option for the button to be hidden or deleted altogether. 

With this in mind, and if the form is rendering and functioning correctly besides this one aspect,  it would infer that this might be a display issue. The form’s exit button could be displaying, but the top of the form that holds the button might be cut off in some way. You haven’t indicated what type of form you’re using, but the only way for this to be possible would be if the form was a Flyout Signup Form

To further investigate if this could be the issue, I recommend changing the position of your flyout form to the bottom left or right part of the screen to see if your exit button is visible. You can find this feature when you navigate to the ‘Style’ Tab of you Signup Form editor. If the button is displaying correctly after adjustment, the issue could that the banner of your website is cutting off the top of your form. In this case, you would need to adjust the back-end of your store’s website design, if you want to keep form’s behavior to flyout at the top of the mobile screen.

However, if you do not have a preference on the form’s position, it would be easier to simply display the form at the bottom of the screen or change the settings to allow users to click outside of the form to close. This option can be found in your ‘Behavior’ tab of your Form Editor shown below. Another final option would be to change the form to a popup form  and see if the exit button displays correctly. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +1

Hello Taylor

Thank you for the useful information I changed it to pop up and now I can see the ‘x’ on mobile so looks like it worked! thank you. Out of curiosity it doesn’t seem to give me the option for dismissal as shown in your example above. Here is an attachment of what I see. Is there something I should be doing in order to see this option?

Thanks

Becky 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @bexelgiftshop , 

Glad to hear that your earlier solution was resolved, always happy to help! All forms should have this new feature option. Do you mind logging out and back into your account to see if the issue rectified itself? Additionally, if that does not work, I suggest clearing your cache and cookies, trying a different browser, or opening up your account in an incognito window. 

Thanks for sharing your additional question in the Community! 

-Taylor