Solved

How do I set up exit overlays or pop ups?

• 9 December 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi how do you set up the exit intent pop up offering a discount before they try and leave?

icon

Best answer by David To 9 December 2021, 16:30

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Sunil,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Though your question is a bit contradictory, I think I know what you’re getting at. I believe your goal may be to try to set up two different signup forms served to your visitors; one to offer a discount code when they arrive on your site while a second one would appear when an exit intent is recognized.

This can be done by having the first signup form’s Display Frequency Behavioral settings to either display immediately on page load, after a time delay, or after a certain amount of the page has been scrolled. I would suggest also enabling the “Don’t show to existing Klaviyo profiles” Targeting option. This setting would allow the following exit intent signup form to not display if the contact subscribed through this first form while still allowing the second signup form to appear if they haven’t subscribed.

For your second signup form, you’ll want to have its Display Frequency set only to “Show when visitor is exiting the page”. This would allow the signup form to appear when it recognizes when the visitor intends to leave the page.

One more tip, when selecting multiple Display Frequency settings, they would all be treated as AND conditions. This means that if you have multiple settings enabled, all of the settings must be met in order for the form to appear. To learn more about signup forms and to get a better understanding of what each of the form setting means, I recommend taking a look at the Guide to the Signup Form Builder and Guide to Creating a Signup Form Help Center articles. We also offer a handy [new] Creating an Effective Acquisition Strategy Using Signup Forms Academy course that’s great for users of all skill levels for a more guided training for forms!

In addition, @Julie Hayes offers a great Community post providing more details on signup forms which I think would be helpful to take a look at as well:

I hope this helps!

David