Solved

How Do You Segment A List From A/B Tests?

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hello, 

I am having trouble figuring out how to segment a list from an A/B split test from a sign up form. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

I created a split test for a $100 gift card giveaway and $500 gift card giveaway. 

Right now we are getting more opt in for the $100 giveaway however, I want to find out who opted in for the $500 and who opted in for the $100 and put those into 2 different categories. 

For some reason I can’t figure out who did what because the data only shows the name of the campaign and not which form they opted into A or B. 

Does anyone know how to figure this out? 

Thanks in advance,

Gerald 

icon

Best answer by ksanfelipe 19 November 2020, 22:41

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

@G. Nicholas Hi Gerald!

The easiest option is to add a hidden field to each form variation. This hidden field would get appended to a user profile when he/she submits the form. Check out our instructions here: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045360791

Or, if you’ve already run the test and didn’t have it set up this way, you could segment based on the form variation ID. You can find this in the URL when you’re looking at the form:

The first red block represents the form ID, and the second block represents the variation ID.

You could then set up a segment that looks something like this:

This option is less reliable than using Hidden Fields, because the $consent_form_id and $consent_form_version get overwritten each time someone fills out a form. So, while it will be accurate immediately after filling out a form, it may be inaccurate in the future (if someone has since filled out a different form).

Cheers,

Kalie

Badge +2

@ksanfelipe -- Thank you for all your help!