How to change the list that your Klaviyo form is pointed to

• 27 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Signup forms are an extremely useful tool when creating an on-site experience for your customers! You’ve worked hard to design the perfect form and just as you’re getting ready to publish it to your store, you realize you selected the wrong list to direct subscribers to (we’ve all been there!).

Luckily, Klaviyo makes it easy to change the list your form is directed to in two quick steps:

1. In the form editor, click your form’s CTA button. This will open a new menu on the left-hand side of the screen
  2. Click the dropdown next to the List to Submit section and choose your new list!

Once you’ve made the change, remember to set your form to Live mode and click the Publish button!

7 replies

Badge +1

It looks like the “list to submit” option is no longer available - how do we add the form to a list now?

I was able to fix this issue by changing the “Form Action” to another action, then changing it back to “Submit Form”. after I did that the “List to submit” dropdown appears. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Meher,

Have you also made sure your CTA is using the “Submit Form” action? If you were using actions like“Close Form” or “Go to URL” it would be expected that you wouldn’t have a “List to Submit” option since your action isn’t to submit the form. 

Similarly, I would double check to make sure you are using either an Email Input block or a Text Input block which simulates an email input field. Meaning that you are actually passing an email property. If this isn’t setup, once again, your form wouldn’t technically be collecting email address and therefore wouldn’t have a need to submit to a list. In turn, this means you wouldn’t see a “List to Submit” option. 

David 

Badge +1

@David To Thanks David, for some reason I’m not getting this option at all when I select the CTA. It doesn’t have a “list to submit” option - I know it used to when I’ve done it in the past.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Meher,

It wouldn’t make sense not to have a signup form connected to a list. In case you may have missed it, in order to edit the list that the form submits to, you’ll want to click your form’s CTA button. Doing so will open the CTA button’s settings page where you’ll find the “List to Submit” setting. 

David

Badge +1

It looks like the “list to submit” option is no longer available - how do we add the form to a list now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @SeanFFC,

Keep in mind that a confirmation email is sent after submitting the form, and subscribers are not immediately added to the list. Only after they click the link in that message is the profile added to the list.

If your list has double opt-in enabled, new subscribers will receive an email after opting in that prompts them to confirm their email address. Only after a new subscriber confirms their email address will they be added to your list. If you’re testing out a new form with a fake or invalid test email addresses and you have double opt-in enabled, you will not see these email addresses added to your list.
I would recommend an easy test for this - add yourself and follow through with the double opt-in.

Let me know if that helped!
Alex

Badge +1

I’m having. the issue where the sign up form is an email capture, sending to the correct list, but no emails are showing in that list. what do you recommend? 

s