Solved

How to find the element id in an embedded form?

• 16 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have made signup form through klaviyo editor , any my form is  working fine . I want to set value in signup form through javascript, but when i inspect element  on input fields, i am unable to find  unique idclass or property for these input fields .  Is there any way in klaviyo to assign each input field a unique identifier ? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by David To 16 June 2021, 20:27

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @khair ali,

Great question!

When using a Klaviyo built form, you would not have the ability to assign each input field or elements a unique identifier. This is due to the fact that Klaviyo-built forms have unique IDs associated with a lot of these fields that can change at any point in the future. 

If you wanted the ability to assign each of these fields a unique identifier, I would recommend building and using your own custom form than can support referencing these identifiers. Since this would be a custom coded form, I would recommend working with a developer you are familiar with or finding a Klaviyo partner who can help you with this. You can learn more about building your own custom forms from the following resources Klaviyo provides:

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community! Have a great day!

David