Solved

How to show teaser for signup form?

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Is it possible to use teasers for Signup forms?

So instead of just showing the form after X seconds/scroll etc - then I want to make it accessible through a teaser/button somewhere on the screen so the users can activate the form themselves.

icon

Best answer by David To 8 June 2021, 20:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @numzie,

Great question!

You can create a popup form that appears when a user clicks a button on your website by either using a custom legacy signup form or by taking advantage of the signup form’s targeting behavior setting. 

Instructions for creating a custom legacy signup form to appear on a button click can be found in the How to Trigger a Legacy Popup When a Button is Clicked article. If you were using a Klaviyo signup form built in the drag-and-drop editor, instructions for this can be found in the How to Use Anchor Links in Your Messages and Forms article.

Essentially, when using a Klaviyo built signup form, you can leverage the form behavior which allows the form to only appear on select URLs. With this in mind, you can build a button on your website that would redirect users to an anchor tag which if your signup form is targeted to appear on, would cause the form to appear. 

Hope this helps!

David

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Alright. That does look a bit complicated to me.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@david.to 

What I’m actually trying to achieve is the same as shown e.g. here in bottom right corner:

https://www.ok.dk/privat/produkter/varmepumper

So a block that can be opened/closed/removed by the user on the same site (without linking to another site)

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @numzie,

At this time this sort of feature is not supported by Klaviyo forms. However, using a custom form built on HTML/CSS would be your best option. You are able to achieve this sort of behavior using a custom form due to the flexibility and customization of these forms as they are directly built with HTML with your desired functionality.

To learn more about building your own custom forms, I would recommend taking a look at the below articles that Klaviyo offers on this topic. If you are unfamiliar with HTML/CSS, I would also recommend working with a developer. Feel free to also checkout out our extensive network of agency partners that can also assist in this endeavor.

Have a great day!

David

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@numzie hey! we just added this feature. check it out! https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411540984859-How-to-Add-a-Form-Teaser