Solved

Is it possible to have two pop-ups working simultaneously? Showing the second ONLY if the customer does not complete first.

• 25 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi!

I am trying to set up a pop-up to show on exiting the page with an offer if the customer doesn’t complete the first pop-up on the landing page. It seems though that Klaviyo doesn’t sync in time for the logic to work. I have both pop-ups set to not show to existing Klaviyo profiles. But on testing, after the completing the first pop-up, the second still shows.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by julie.accardo 26 June 2021, 14:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Welcome to the community!

What’s your site? I’d love to see what’s happening on my end.  I’m not sure what the timing is like after signing up (I think it’s pretty much right away, but maybe a Klaviyo team member can help with that Q). 

One thing to note on exit intent pop-ups (if you haven’t done this already) is to exclude certain URL’s (like the checkout page!).  Here’s a link to a Q&A from another community member on that:

Userlevel 5
Badge +34

Hi @rachel1990,

Thanks for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community! @Mailbox Manny, thanks for including sharing those helpful tips/tricks!

Regarding logic for the exit intent popup to prevent it from appearing for the subscribers who already subscribed through the homepages signup form, make sure you have the behavior setting of “Don’t show to existing Klaviyo profiles.” This will ensure that anyone who had already been cookied on your website (this happens once someone had subscribed through a signup form) will not see the second signup form. This should be the only condition that you really need.

Another possible solution could be to create a segment of “Properties about someone - $source equals homepage popup” and you’d add it to the behavior setting of “Don’t show to visitors in certain lists/segments.” Every Klaviyo signup form has a $source property associated with it so when a user signs up through a given form they get that $source property updated to their profile. By excluding users with the homepage $source property on the exit intent form, we can ensure that we’re only showing it to users who have not signed up through that homepage signup. 

Have a nice weekend!

Julie