Solved

Is there a way to bypass form submission to subscribe to a list

• 23 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I want to send an email to my list and ask them to get on a special vip list by clicking on a link but without them having to re-enter their details on a landing page.

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to do this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by retention 23 August 2021, 22:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@embalmskincare - Without using the API, there’s not a one-click method to Subscribe someone to a List that I know of. 

However, if you want to simply send a Campaign to your list, and want to know who would opt-in to a “VIP List” by clicking a button or a link - you can automatically add a custom property for each user that click on a special link.  Using a custom property like “VIP = true” as an example, you can build a Segment of people who has a property where “VIP = true” and have an audience who are “VIP” that you can send emails to later. 

To do this, you need to add a special link code in the button (or text) in the Email Template that might look like this:

{% update_property_link 'VIP' 'true' 'redirect_link' %}

Where ‘redirect_link’ is the link where you want the user to go when they click on it.  Now, whenever someone clicks on a link in your email, the custom property of “VIP” with a value of “true” is set.

Now, you simply build a Segment where “VIP = true” and you will see all the people who clicked on that link.  

Here’s a documentation that explains how this work in another context (for NPS ratings), but the concept is the same:

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @embalmskincare ,

Thank you for asking some really great questions in the Klaviyo Community recently!! We really appreciate everyone who collaborates in our community! @retentionis crushing it with amazing responses to questions. Thank you so much @retention ! As shared before, there are workarounds for this including adding custom profile properties and using the property in a segment. About Custom Properties is another great resource that goes over how to create or update properties for you to gather information on your customers that you can then use in a segment for targeted marketing!

Thank you so much for being part of the Klaviyo Community. Together, we can all succeed!

Badge +2

Hey, great answer - thanks! 

Could you please explain the ‘VIP=true’ part? I created the segment as you suggested, but couldn’t find where to add that property.

Will appreciate your help here, thanks! :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have a question about this! Okay, so once you’ve done this, how do you get these people on a list? Or a segment? I was just attempting to figure it out on my end, but I don’t see a dimension for “Profile Property”

So how can I email these people once I have done this? :) 

Cheers, 

-V