Solved

Legacy form error "invalid email address"

• 2 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I connected a form to klaviyo using Legacy Forms and for some reason I keep getting “invalid email address” every time I submit the form, but everything looks correct. I’m not sure what’s going on. The form can be viewed here: https://new-imaware.webflow.io/b2b/employee-covid-screening by clicking “Get in touch”. Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by jallain 3 December 2021, 19:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @arianavmac

Thank you for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community for help with your Legacy Signup form. Happy to help!

I took a look at your website, specifically your legacy signup pop up form. I tested the form and did not get the error you received. Can you check the list to see if my name was added?

Badge +2

No it wasn’t added. I see that error by looking at the console, it logs “Incorrect email address” there. I’m really not sure what’s going on

Badge +2

@jallain are you able to help me with this? You’ve been super helpful in the past so I thought I’d ask. Thanks again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

hey @arianavmac ! can you try changing the email input in the form html. the name attribute should be lowercase “email” and it looks like you have uppercase “Email”

change this

<input type="email" class="w-input" maxlength="256" name="Email" data-name="Email" placeholder="" id="k_id_email" required=""/>

to this

<input type="email" class="w-input" maxlength="256" name="email" data-name="Email" placeholder="" id="k_id_email" required=""/>

let me know if making that change fixes it for you!