Using the default legacy embed code and when you hit submit, it loads a new tab at https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe with a new form they have to submit to join. Tried removing the ajax data but it still happens. How do we submit directly without the 2nd step pop up?
Best answer by david.to
Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!
Since this issue does pertain to a legacy form, I would recommend working with a developer you are familiar with to further investigate and troubleshoot this behavior. Klaviyo also has an extensive network of agency partners you can work with as well!
A common solution as you’ve highlighted would be to omit the
data-ajax-submit="//manage.kmail-lists.com/ajax/subscriptions/subscribe" from the code altogether to ensure that the custom/legacy code read the following:
<form id="email_signup_aboutus" class="klaviyo_styling klaviyo_gdpr_embed_XXXXXX" action="//manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/subscribe" method="GET" target="_blank" novalidate="novalidate">
Another reason this redirect may be occurring is that there are two forms on the website with the same id. To remedy this issue, you'll need to update the id of one of the forms. Detailed steps are outlined below.
- Go to the page where the form(s) exist. Right click on the “email” field of the form and inspect the code.
- With this now being separate of the other Klaviyo form, the form should submit as intended with no redirect.
As another work around, you can replace the custom/legacy form you have built out with a Klaviyo built embedded form. Some articles that may prove helpful in learning the difference and capability of the Klaviyo built signup forms, i would recommend looking into the following articles:
- Legacy Signup Forms vs. Built-In Signup Forms
- How to Add and Customize a Legacy Embedded Signup Form
- Guide to Creating a Signup Form
- Overview of the Signup Form Builder
- Where to Paste a Form's Embed Code
Hope this helps!