Solved

Multiple sign up forms - only display one during user session

• 23 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey Everyone,

I have built two sign up forms that are targeted at users based on the pages they browse.

Sign Up Form 1 - this will appear if the user is on any product pages, homepage etc. The message/content says ‘sign up to get product news, deals & launches’.

Sign Up Form 2 - this will appear if the users is on any of our How To Articles, Tips Pages or reading a guides. Usually people land on these pages because they search a question on google.

The form content says ‘Get maintenance tips, hacks and advice straight to your inbox’.

Both forms are linked to the same list.

If the user triggers either form, and decides not to sign up but navigates to a page that triggers the other form. I don’t want them to be asked again to sign up because I don’t want to annoy the user. 

Can I use segmenting or any other logic to do this? Or is Klaviyo not advanced enough for that.

Our ecommerce store is Shopify. 

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 23 June 2022, 21:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @clairebeaumont,

Welcome to the Community!

Any Behavior Settings in place for a specific Form only apply to that specific form. Klaviyo does not use "viewed Signup Form A" data as a determining factor in whether or not Signup Form B is shown to the same customer. Perhaps the examples below will help to clarify:

EXAMPLE 1:

• Signup Form A exists on URL A and Signup Form B exists on URL B
  • Both Signup Forms have the following Behavior set: Don't show again after Submit Form or go to URL action
  • Customer Submits Form A on URL A 
  • Customer would still see Form B on URL B

EXAMPLE 2:

• Signup Form A exists on URL A and Signup Form A also exists on URL B
  • Signup Form A has the following Behavior set: Don't show again after Submit Form or go to URL action
  • Customer Submits Signup Form A on URL A 
  • Customer would NOT see Signup Form A again on URL B

* Please note that the Behavior Setting "Don't show again after Submit Form or go to URL action" does NOT apply to clicking the "X" button to close the form or simply clicking out of the form.  

Hope this helps. 

Alex