Solved

Newsletter signup not loading in signup form editor

• 1 September 2021
  • 3 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I want to make some changes to my newsletter signup form but I can’t view it in preview. I’ve confirmed that it still shows up when I visit the site. I have a few forms running (for different language users) and the other forms are fine in preview. It’s just this one form that has a problem. Any ideas? 

icon

Best answer by Dov 1 September 2021, 15:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @Johndsn33,

Thank you for sharing this information with the Klaviyo Community.

If I understand correctly, this specific form is displaying as it should on you site, but when you navigate into the sign-up form editor you see the screenshot above of the image placeholder? If so, first, I recommend trying to trash the existing placeholder image and replacing it with a net-new “image” block using the same image. You can trash the existing image by clicking on the grey box in the middle, from there it will highlight the image block and you’ll see a trash can icon to click to trash the existing placeholder image. I would repeat this process for any other image fields (if you have them on other parts of the form). After making these changes, re-publish the form and ensure it’s still displaying at it should on the site.

If this does not resolve the issue, I would check the display settings under the “Behaviors” tab to see if the form is set to mobile or desktop only and cross-reference that display setting with the device you are previewing on. For example, it’s possible that this placeholder image is displaying this form on mobile-only but you are viewing your site on your desktop. You may be looking at another form set to desktop only and on mobile it is in fact this placeholder image that is displaying live on your site.

Lastly, I recommend trying to view this same form in another browser, there could be a specific plug-in preventing this image from being displayed in the editor.

I hope that helps! And please do let us know if you’re still having any trouble after trying these steps.

Badge +1

I am currently experiencing something like this right now. Its fine to view it on desktop but all mess up (the image is there and the texts) on mobile. Checked my settings and its set up for desktop and mobile view. Any help would be appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @biannebaguio,

Thanks for sharing this question with our community.

The simplest solution is to clone your existing form, set the original to “Desktop only” (since the formatting is currently ideal for desktop), and set the clone to “Mobile only” and then format the mobile-only form in the editor and set it live. For more tricks and tips on sign-up form builder design, I recommend registering for our course! I also recommend reading through the thread below on the same topic: