Solved

Only half of Shopify store newsletter subscribers being synced with Klaviyo

• 7 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi! Hoping someone here can lend me some help.

Customers on my shopify store who subscribe to our Newsletter are being captured in two different places: in the Shopify customer's tab, and in Klaviyo. Customers who sign up on the website are being captured in Klaviyo, while customers who opt-into the newsletter during the checkout process are captured in Shopify. I would like all newsletter subscribers to ideally be captured on both platforms, but at least capturing these emails in Klaviyo is a must.

Can anyone give me some guidance? Thank you so so much.

icon

Best answer by Melissa.Matusky 7 December 2020, 19:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Optimotive WS,

As a first step, I’d ensure on your Shopify integration that you’ve ticked the checkbox to send those who have accepted marketing on your Shopify store to be added to you list. You can do so by going to Integrations > Shopify. Here’s what that page should look like if this is enabled:

Have these users fully completed the checkout process (placed an order)? By default, Klaviyo only syncs those who have fully completed their purchase to you newsletter list. So abandoning a checkout, equates to abandoning intent to subscribe.

You can read more about the Accepts Marketing Tag from Shopify here!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @AmazingBB 

Sorry for the delay here! 

Are you using a 3rd party Shopify theme? That can sometimes change how Shopify forms and Klaviyo sync. 

If you are the update is simple you need to add the Newsletter tag to new subscribers in order for Klaviyo to automatically sync these subscribers to a Klaviyo list. The tag is added to the form’s input:

<input type="hidden" name="contact[tags]" value="newsletter"

You can find more guidance on our Integrate with Shopify doc.

Badge +2

Hi, 

I have the same problem! I use the Newsletter form from Shopify (not the one from Klaviyo). But there is no Confirmation mail going out. And I have all the Integration settings in Klaviyo set correctly.

Thanks for your help!