Solved

Overview of signup form field answers

Badge +2
  • Active Contributor I
  • 16 replies

Hi,

I have made a signup form with three fields. I know that I can find those subscribers in the lists & segments map, but where can I see what every subscribe has filled in the signup form in one overview?

icon

Best answer by David To 4 July 2021, 14:42

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Artur,

I would recommend reaching out to support to have a closer look at your account to investigate further and take a closer look in provide next steps. Finding a Klaviyo partner from our extensive network of agency partners may also be another route you want to take. 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

I still do not see any change in the property. Is there another way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Artur,

This can often times happen if the profile property value you are updating through a .CSV is mapped as a date data type when being imported into Klaviyo. Although Klaviyo will try to automate the format of the data found in your .CSV during import, it is pertinent to double check that the values and data types are selected accurately. If your profile property was formatted as a date within the .CSV, Klaviyo will automatically recognize this field as a date data type during the mapping step of the import process. In addition, if the profile property you were saving was numerical numbers only but was set as a date within the .CSV, Klaviyo may have inadvertently recognized this property as unix format during the mapping process; which is an accepted date format within Klaviyo.

To alleviate this and have Klaviyo recognize these profile values as a normal text value, I would recommend exporting this data and reformatting that profile property to be a text format within your .CSV and re-import it back into Klaviyo and ensuring that the property’s type is set to your desired data type. I would suggest reviewing the About Data Types and How to Import Profile Properties Using a CSV Upload articles Klaviyo offers on further understanding data types. 

On top of some pre-provided profile properties, you can create your own profile properties to tag your contacts. This would further extend to collecting a profile property to tag users who “accepts general terms and conditions”. 

David

Badge +2

And which property can be used for: accepts general terms and conditions?

Badge +2

Hi, 

I updated the list with custom property, but instead of the order number I do see a date. How can I fix that? https://we.tl/t-XwQPiHFxoe

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Artur,

If you’ve set up a signup form with input fields but did not originally map them to any profile properties, customers who filled out the form and those fields would not be recorded by Klaviyo. The data being collected from a signup form’s input field can only be tracked if they have been associated with a property in order to be able to be associated to the profile/contact who filled out the form. To learn more about profile properties and collecting them, I would recommend taking a look at the following articles:

Have a great day!

David

Badge +2

Hi David,

Our last input field was firstly not linked to an property, because no one fits. Now it is linked to property telephone number although that’s not the right property for it.

What do you recommend? And can I still see the data of input field without property?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Artur,

I do apologize if this process of retrieving your signup form results seems complicated. 

The easiest method I would recommend to view these form results would be using the export function mentioned in my prior comment. 

You can follow the GIF found in the How to Export a List or Segment to a CSV File article which i’ve included below which highlights how to export a list while selecting the desired profile properties to include in the export. In this case, if you selected all the property fields that your signup form is passing, this will result in a .CSV which has the results of your signup form that your subscribers filled out.

2018-04-04_15-54-53.gif

When exporting a list or segment, you can choose to export all properties associated with your contacts' profiles, or just specific ones. If you are just interested in a specific property, choosing to export only that property will reduce the amount of time it takes to download your CSV. The more content in your CSV, the longer it will take to download.

At this time Klaviyo does not offer Zoom/phone support. If you need more direct assistance in understand or troubleshooting issues pertaining to your account, I would recommend reaching out to Klaviyo support

David

Badge +2

Hi David,

It looks like it is much more complicated than it should be. Before we worked with Mailchimp and we saw the list so easily.

Can we have a Zoom call? There are some things that I need to understand fast.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Artur,

Great question!

To see the results of your signup form, the easiest way would be to use segmentation as detailed in the How to Segment for Form Results article. Alternatively, if you wanted to see all the results of a signup form, you can also export the list as a .CSV while including those custom property fields in the export. This will result in a .CSV which contains the profile/contact and the profile property results the contact has filled out the form with along with any other fields you exported. 

Instructions on how to export your list or segment can be found in the How to Export a List or Segment to a CSV File article Klaviyo offers.

I hope this helps!

David