Solved

Pop up sign up form is showing on my multiple account store

• 16 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Good day! We’re having an issue on the pop up.

I would like to ask your help on our account. We have 2 accounts for Klaviyo

We've created a sign up form, pop up in one of our store, which is the Evoletsgame.com. However, this pop up is also showing on our 2nd Shopify store which is the Evoretro.ca. Please note that the pop up is not supposed to show in “Evoretro.ca” as it was set up for Evoletsgame only. Please advise on this. Hoping for your immediate feedback.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by David To 16 September 2021, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @karen1628

I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing a similar issue of attaching two separate klaviyo accounts to the same website! Let’s get that resolved for you. 

Klaviyo doesn’t suggest sharing one website with two different Klaviyo accounts. This tends to change things like form behavior, as you’ve experienced. In light of your issue being multiple accounts on one website and not duplicate js from the same account, you wouldn’t need to go into your theme.liquid file to find the javascript.

Instead, you will need to choose one account you wish to keep attached to your website, and create another website for your second account. When you have chosen which account you want to remove from the original website , I would suggest taking the following steps in that account:

1. Completely remove (not Disable) the integration in Klaviyo
2. Log out of your Klaviyo account
3. Log back into your Klaviyo account via an incognito window and ensure the integration is removed

You can confirm this account is now deleted from your website by right clicking on your website’s homepage and navigating to ‘View Page Source’. Click Control + F and search ‘klaviyo’. You should find only one line of javascript on your website and the Account ID listed should only be from the account you’ve chosen to keep integrated with the website. Finally, you will create a new website and integrate your second account with the new website. This should solve the issue of a form displaying on the wrong account. 

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

-Taylor 

Badge +5

Hello @david.to 

I have the same problem. But how can you  remove the manually installed Klaviyo.js?

I tried looking at the shopify store's theme.liquid but it isn't there.

I tried reintegrating. But it's still there 

Do you have a step by step instruction for this.

I'm not knowledgeable with coding. So this is quite hard for me. It's been a week since this happened. Two stores are being affected already. I hope you can help me

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Lizel,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Klaviyo Community!

Sounds like you may have accidentally connected the Klaviyo account associated with your Evoletsgame.com site with the Evoretro.ca site as well. I would suggest taking the actions I’ve outlined in the following Community posts to realign your stores and their associated Klaviyo accounts.

Alternatively, this may also be caused through having accidentally manually installed the Klaviyo.js associated with the Evoletsgame.com Klaviyo account onto the Evoretro.ca site. If this was the case, then I would suggest simply removing the the manually installed Klaviyo.js from the site. 

I hope this helps!

David