Solved

Pop up with offer - unique code?

• 25 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hoping that someone could point me in the right direction, I can’t seem to find a guide on this. 

With our pop up window, I would like to create a pop up window which offers people who sign up a $10 off code. However, I would like the code to be sent to them via email after they have entered their email address, and I would like the code to be unique to each person. 

Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Dov 25 May 2021, 15:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @LealynPapaya,

Unfortunately, Klaviyo's Unique Coupon Code generator does not support the use of Coupon Code Syntax within the Success page of Klaviyo or 3rd party forms at this time. I understand this feature would provide an added benefit and have submitted a feature request on your behalf to our Product team.

When used correctly today, a Unique Coupon Code is generated and assigned to a Profile when the first Email or SMS message is sent to the Profile with the Unique Coupon Code Syntax inside as outlined here: How to Use Coupon Codes in Klaviyo. The platform, however, is unable to generate the Coupon Code upon Subscription via a Sign Up Form in order to display it in the Success Message as the two processes do not currently ‘speak’ to each other. I apologize for the inconvenience.

In the meantime, we recommend that you include your Unique Coupon Code Syntax within a message in your Welcome Series Flow that is Triggered by a Profile being added to a List via the Sign Up Form.

For more information on creating a Welcome Series Flow, please check out this great resource: Creating an Email Welcome Series.
If you have questions as you continue setting this up, please do not hesitate to reach back out: How to Contact Support.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Alex

Badge +5

I don’t suppose the pop up could display the unique discount code in the success message? And have it be the same code that is then emailed to the customer in the welcome flow? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @CleoH,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community.

Yes, this is entirely possible!

After you create the popup form, you’ll want to create the coupon code. Klaviyo can auto-generate unique coupons in emails for Shopify, Magento 1, and Magento 2 stores. We have comprehensive guides on managing unique coupon codes for these three integrations here. However, if you’re using a different integration or a custom integration, you will have to upload your own unique coupon codes which are typically generated within your own ecommerce platform.

Once you have the coupon created, you’ll want to set-up a list-triggered flow. triggered off of the same list that your popup form submits to. Typically, the popup form submits to the Newsletter list which then triggers a welcome flow

Finally, you’ll need to insert the unique coupon code syntax into the flow email using the following dynamic placeholder variable:

{% coupon_code 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %}

where you replace NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON with the coupon name (must be an exact match of the name -- capitalization matters). For example, if the name of your coupon is Welcome10, the syntax would look like the following in your flow email:

mceclip0.png

When emails are sent out, this variable will be dynamically replaced with a unique, single-use discount code for each recipient in place of {% coupon_code 'NAME_OF_YOUR_COUPON' %}

I recommend reviewing the coupon code guide pertaining to your integration for more details (for example using coupon codes for SMS):

In sum, the workflow looks like the following:

1. User will submit the sign-up form which adds them to the list (if the list is double opt-in, the user will have to confirm their subscription before being added to the list)
  2. User added to the list, triggers the flow
  3. User receives the first flow email containing this unique, dynamic, single-use coupon code with the discount

Thanks and have a wonderful day.