Solved

Popup Form Holdout Test

• 3 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I want to A/B test a popup form and create a hold-out audience.

So, Version A is delivered to 50% of the audience and Version B is empty - they get nothing.

How can I accomplish this with Klaviyo forms?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 3 February 2023, 23:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Andrew.Walters

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

Do you mind sharing the goal of your form? While this isn’t a native feature within A/B testing, I’d be happy to see if how we create a workaround to accomplish your goal! 

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I want to know if the offer I’m giving in the popup form is creating a lift in revenue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

You can use a custom trigger to have the form only show to half of your web visitors. But you would need an AB testing platform to do this. 

I’ve not tried it, but you might be able to accomplish this through Google Optimize which is a free AB testing tool from Google.

Google just announced they are shutting down Google Optimize next year, which I am a little bummed about. 😢 But we still have a year to use it!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@Andrew.Walters Hi there! If this pop up will be showing to subscribers on your list (as opposed to new site visitors), another idea would be to sample the list/segment you’re using to split it in half, and exclude one of the halves from seeing your pop up. 

Here’s a Klaviyo resource about sampling: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001145931-How-to-take-a-random-sample-of-a-list-or-segment

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@KatherineB,

This popup is showing to new site visitors and not existing customers.