Solved

PopUp form - show success when user submits email but not SMS

• 27 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there, 

Very new to Klaviyo, sorry if this is a dumb question. 

When setting up my first Signup PopUp form, I ask for their email address. If they submit that, they have the option to sign up for SMS. If they DECLINE the SMS then they never make it to the Success notice. Is there a way to make it so that if the customer submits either of those they make it to the Success notice? I would like for them to know it went through and to check their email for the coupon code because sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes to get that email with the code in it. 

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

icon

Best answer by Dov 27 April 2022, 16:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @pixelperfect,

Thanks for sharing this question with the community.

There are no dumb questions here! We’re always learning from each other and I’m glad you asked this because there are likely other people who are wondering the same thing.

It sounds like you have a multi-step form set up. One solution is to consolidate by adding your phone number input field onto the same page as the email input field.

Also, ensure the phone number input field is not set as required.

Leave unchecked

Then, when the user submits their email, even if the phone number is input field blank, they will see the success message.

If you’re interested to read more about Klaviyo signup forms, see our help center documentation here.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Dov 

He guided you properly. If you even have any doubts feel free to comment down below 

Badge +1

Is there really not a better way? Even this example shows “receive email only specials”, but doesn’t mention text. What if we want to build our SMS and offer a larger discount if they choose text? And we like to collect a name as well so it makes the form longer. 

Seems odd to not have a simple conditional response option in Klaviyo. If they do this, then show this, but if they do that show this. Sign up for email, decline SMS, show the email coupon code and welcome success message. Sign up for email, and SMS, show a different coupon code or a message that says you’re in and check your text or something.