Solved

Popup not showing up on heatmap?

• 22 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I’ve set up a mini flow on my Shopify site that is triggered by a popup. The popup showed up fine when I tested from different devices etc. However, I cant seem to see a single popup appear on my heatmaps - is this normal?

Thanks​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by David To 25 October 2021, 16:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Hudlum,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

Can you provide more clarification on what you mean by “heatmaps”? Are you using your own custom method of analyzing or testing your forms? 

From my experience, you may see a Klaviyo built form appearing on one device but not another due to having the Don’t show to existing Klaviyo profiles setting enabled within the form’s behavior settings. Using this setting allows Klaviyo to determine when to display a signup form to visitors based on if the browser is cookied with an existing email address/profile that is recognized within your Klaviyo account. If the profile is recognized, the form will be hidden. You can learn more about this setting from the Overview of the Signup Form Builder Help Center article and the Signup Form Best Practices Community Post created by @Julie Hayes.

Some other troubleshooting steps I would suggest taking which are also found in the Signup Form Troubleshooting article are:

• Verify that you have the signup form code snippet installed on your site.
  • If you're using an embedded form, verify that you have the embed code installed on your site.
  • Verify that your form is live.
  • Review the Behaviors tab of the Signup Form Builder: 
    • Check the Targeting section to ensure that the form is configured to display on the URL that you are viewing.
    • Check the Display Timing section to ensure the display timing settings are not too restrictive. If two or more loading delay options are selected, note that all criteria must be met in order for the form to appear. This means that if "Show when the visitor is exiting the page" and "Show after scrolling 60% of the page" are both selected, a visitor must scroll through 60% of the page and show exit intent in order for the form to appear. 
  • Make sure you’re not using Internet Explorer. As mentioned above, new signup forms won’t appear on Internet Explorer.
  • Re-run the test in incognito/private browsing mode in a new window. It may be that you have already closed the popup, which is why it isn't displaying again. We cookie browsers for one year, so once someone closes a popup, they won’t see the same popup again for another year (unless they clear their cookies).
  • If you are using an embedded form, confirm the form’s embed code has been added exactly as it appears in the installation modal, and that it is pasted correctly within your site’s code.
  • Confirm that only one Klaviyo account is integrated with your site. If you have multiple Klaviyo accounts for one store, uncheck the option to Automatically add Klaviyo onsite javascript in all but one account. If you’ve manually installed Klaviyo’s .js, make sure you’ve only installed the snippet from one account.

In addition to those resources, you may also find it helpful to browse other Community posts which touch upon this subject. I’ve also included some posts which other Community members have found helpful below to get you started:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hello,  thanks for that.

I use Shopify so far as I understand, there is no need to install the snippet?

The behaviour settings exclude those who have already opted in but as the site is new, there are no opt-ins and therefore no one should be excluded.

The heatmap is Lucky Orange and provides a recording of visitor behaviour meaning I can view what visitors do on my site - surely I should also be able to view any popups that come up?

Hope this clarifies it, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Hudlum,

Despite using a Shopify integration, it still would be crucial to have the Klaviyo onsite JavaScript snippet present on your site either through the Automatically add Klaviyo onsite JavaScript integration setting or by manually installing it. Having the Klaviyo.js present it what allows Klaviyo to cookie contacts to trigger the Active on Site tracking as well as render signup forms. 

I would also suggest reaching out and getting more clarification from Lucky Orange regarding if their service is able to record popups or not; or if they are omitted. 

Another thing that does come to mind is also keeping in mind that if you are using multiple Load Delay settings as part of the form’s Behavioral Display Timing settings, that those settings are considered AND statements, not OR statements. This means that contacts must meet all the settings selected under the Load Delay in order for the form to appear. If you were rewatching recorders of your site visitors, there may be a chance that these contacts are not meeting the Load Delay requirements in order for the form to form to appear for them. 

Have a great day!

David