Solved

Popup signup form inconsistent behaviour?

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi there,

We have a popup signup form on our website that should appear after 30 seconds or when the user attempts to leave the page.

However, this doesn’t seem to be working for us consistently. We have tested it on multiple accounts on Chrome and with incognito mode, and very rarely will it pop-up after 30 seconds. Sometimes it will popup after a few minutes, sometimes it will never appear. The “leave the page” feature also only works sometimes too, even after waiting a minute or so.

Is there anything I’m missing from the settings or is this working as intended?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by elisegaines 7 September 2021, 21:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @elisegaines and @ArchieCourt 

Thank you so much for collaborating together on the Klaviyo Community! It’s collaboration like this that makes us all stronger! 

Badge +2

Hi @ArchieCourt ! I’d be happy to help with this. 

Your signup form will only display after both conditions are set -- it’s not one or the other. So, based on your form settings, the form will display after 30 seconds have passed and the user shows exit intent. If the user shows exit intent after just 20 seconds, the form won’t show. Similarly, if they look at the page for  more than 30 seconds, the form still won’t show until they also show exit intent. 

I hope this helps clarify! This help center article contains more information, if you’re interested: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002050572-Guide-to-the-Signup-Form-Builder#form-behavior5 

Best,

Elise

Ha that makes a lot of sense, thanks @elisegaines, perfect response

I’ll have a browse through that article too in case I’ve missed anything, cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @ArchieCourt ! I’d be happy to help with this. 

Your signup form will only display after both conditions are set -- it’s not one or the other. So, based on your form settings, the form will display after 30 seconds have passed and the user shows exit intent. If the user shows exit intent after just 20 seconds, the form won’t show. Similarly, if they look at the page for  more than 30 seconds, the form still won’t show until they also show exit intent. 

I hope this helps clarify! This help center article contains more information, if you’re interested: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002050572-Guide-to-the-Signup-Form-Builder#form-behavior5 

Best,

Elise