Solved

Post Purchase Popup to Update Preferences

• 26 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi, i’m trying to create a Post Purchase Popup that appears when a customer makes a purchase but have not engaged with the said popup. This will ask or remind to update their profile to acquire additional information like birthdates. I saw a suggestion to create a segment (place order at least once over all time) and use that as a targeting rule for the popup. However, my dilemma is what if its not the first time they make the purchase, that would mean they won’t see the popup right? Is there a different way to do this?

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 April 2022, 23:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @Jen_YEB

Great idea to create a Post Purchase Popup! 

You’re completely right, you can create a form to only display for a specific segment that you create. However, the segment condition you outlined above “Someone who has placed an order > At least Once > Over all time” will catch, or dynamically group, everyone who meets this condition into the segment. So hypothetically, no matter if it’s their first purchase or fifth, as long as the user has bought something from your brand at least once, no matter how long ago it was, or how many purchases they’ve made since then, they’ll be brought into the segment. 

Hope that clarifies how the segment conditions work! Thanks for participating in the community!

-Taylor 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hey @Jen_YEB, to add to this, you can create any segment conditions you would like and have that for the pop-up (ie. if you want to show to first time purchasers, people that don’t have a birthday in their profile, etc..).  Let me know if you have more questions on how to create a segment or if there’s a specific segment you’re trying to create and want feedback