Solved

Redirect to custom page after signing up

• 9 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi, I moved from aweber yesterday to Klaviyo. Move has been pretty easy, Im just putting the sign up forms on my site, I have found where I put the url for the redirect to a custom page in the list in klaviyo, but as Im testing my form it doesnt redirect? advise please? 

Thanks, 

Kate

icon

Best answer by cassy.lee 10 November 2020, 00:02

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

OK i solved my own problem, how do you delete posts on here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @katestrong - happy to help you delete this post, or perhaps maybe you’d like to share how you were able to solve this so that other community members can learn too, should they have this same question in the future! Thanks for being a part of our Community and we’re glad to hear that the move to Klaviyo has been pretty easy for you so far! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Sure, Cassy Lee.

So I was expecting that when people sign up that the page would redirect once they hit the sign up button, but it doesnt. The link to the redirect page comes in the email thats sent out to say thanks for subscribing and here click this link.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@katestrong ah yes, this is due to all accounts defaulting to double-opt in, and customers who subscribe will need to confirm their subscription. You could, however, redirect subscribers to a new page after they hit submit by following these instructions and adding the appropriate code. It’s worth noting though that if you are using a legacy form with custom html or css, our Support teams wont be able to help troubleshoot this since they wont be familiar with the code. You could still take a look through this guide for custom embedded form code though. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Cassy Lee, i dont think ill bother with the code, my son is a software engineer if i ran into problems but its sort of one less detail I need to deal with lol its fine the way it is.