Solved

Restricting a pop-up to display only for people who come from a Facebook Ads

Badge +2

Hi, 

I would like to get my pop-up form to be displayed only to visitors who land on the actual page by clicking on one of my facebook ads. How should I do that?

thank you for your help,

icon

Best answer by David To 8 June 2022, 16:14

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @levyelectricscooters

Thanks for your question!

Currently, you can only target a user by region and countries in a form's behavior. At this time, the signup form cannot be restricted to certain cities or states. This has been submitted to our Product team as a feature request, but I am unable to provide a timeline on when or if this feature will be developed in the future.

In the meantime, you can create a form or send a campaign to ask your customers, who are in a specific state, to identify which city they live in. The answer they choose will be added to their profile as a custom property. You can then create city-based segments based on this new property and show or not show forms to these certain city-based segments.

Hope this helps in the meantime, I am sorry this feature isn’t available at this time! 

-Taylor 

When will targeting by city be an option? Almost all other forms in 2023 have this capability by now.  Targeting by only country is extremely restrictive.  Was there a reason for this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @JackDeli,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

I believe something like this can be accomplished in one of two ways; by using either a targeting behavior set on your form or by setting up a custom trigger for the form. 

If these contacts originating from your Facebook ads were added to a list or somehow can be captured by a segment, you should be able to target these specific visitors by using the Target visitors in a list or segment under the signup form’s Targeting settings. Both my colleague @Dov and myself have spoke more about using this targeting function in the Community posts I’ve linked below:

If these visitors aren’t being added to a list or cannot be captured through a segment, you can always use the option of a custom trigger. Using a custom trigger will allow you more flexibility as it would offer you the capability to trigger the form based on the behaviors you desire; in this case to only trigger for visitors originating from Facebook. Since this option would require some custom coding to be implemented on your site, we suggest working with a developer you’re familiar with or working with some of our fantastic Klaviyo Partners

I hope this helps!

David